SOME PLACES OF SPECIAL INTEREST FOR YOU TO VISIT: (driving distance from Waterford)
- Dublin – capital city /Book of Kells/ Guinness Brewery etc (two hours)
- Cork – old capital city /Blarney Stone (ninety minutes)
- Kilkenny – medieval city (forty five minutes)
- Copper Coast – beautiful Waterford coastline rich in history (thirty minutes)
- Lismore Castle – Irish home of the Dukes of Devonshire ( sixty minutes)
- Cahir Castle – late medieval castle (sixty minutes )
- Rock of Cashel – 10TH Century residence of the Kings of Munster (sixty minutes )
- Wexford – 9th Century Viking Town (forty five minutes)
On request we can also provide advice regarding customised educational/interest holiday packages for individuals, couples or families.
The activities, interests, entertainment and excursions outlined above are only a sample of what is available. The programme can vary and all items cannot be guaranteed.
Shopping: Set in a backdrop of the City’s medieval landscape, shopping in Waterford City is a unique experience. No matter what your style, taste or pocket you will have great fun discovering the great mix this exciting City has to offer from high street stores, designer brands, independent boutiques and two shopping centres. Waterford City is a shopping destination in its own right with the added advantage that you don’t have to travel far from one shop to another.
One of our main shopping centres is City Square.
Cinema: Waterford offers a modern 9 screen Storm Cinema. Storm cinema often runs International film week for its diverse audience. This cinema also plays international blockbusters in 3D.
Restaurants:Waterford offers a wide range of restaurants ranging from Continental, Thai, Chinese, Indian and fast food restaurants. More information about restaurants can be found here.
Nightlife: Waterford offers many trendy bars and spots to socialise. More information can be found here.
For more information on Student Life at WIT, please view or download PDF here.